- Teaching Assistant - Ae150 Aerospace Engineering Seminar (Caltech 10/2020-6/2021)
I hope to inspire more students to pursue STEAM careers. When presenting on science and engineering to students, I emphasize that the research I do is accessible. I firmly believe that progress in science benefits from increased representation and diversity, and my outreach efforts focus on underserved and underrepresented communities.
- Presented with Salvador Gomez and Tanner Harms on "The Hidden World of Fluid Mechanics" to elementary, middle, and high school students at the Pasadena Police Activities League (1/2022)
- Presented with Tanner Harms and Jacque Tawney on research and STEM career paths to Life Sciences students at Pasadena Community College (9/2021)
- Presented with Tanner Harms "Real Life Aerodynamics: How Airplanes Fly and Fish Swim" at Sierra Madre Elementary School PTA Virtual STEAM Night (4/2021)
- Presented "Introduction to Fluid Mechanics" to the community college students participating in the Caltech Base11/Aerospace Mentorship Program (1/2021)
- Presented with Jacque Tawney "Aerospace Engineering: Soaring Through Air and Amongst The Stars" at Rutgers University STEAM TRiO event for the Newark, NJ school system (8/2020)
I volunteer as a member of the GALCIT Graduate Student Council. My focus is on organizing events which help students engage with the research we do and foster a sense of community.
- Organizer - Aerospace Student Lunch Seminars (Caltech 11/2021-present)
- Organizer - Incoming Students Social (Caltech 10/2020)